The top priority during this time is doing everything I can to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Safety and infection control are incredibly important. The precautions below were established with consult from infection control specialists as well as recommendations from the CDC and the Iowa Public Health Department. I am happy to provide a copy of the Infection Control Policies and Procedures on request.
Enhanced Infection Control
- All equipment used is hard surface so if can be disinfected
- All equipment is cleaned a minimum of two times before it enters your facility
- All CDC recommendations for disinfection are followed
- All disinfectants used are specified for use to kill COIVD-19
Changing the Way We Do Things
- I visit only one facility each day to prevent transmission from one facility to the next
- I wear PPE to airborne standards
- I follow your facility’s PPE regulations
- Time spent in the facility is kept to a minimum
- I am happy to complete the test in a room of your choice
Keeping Ourselves Safe
- I am tested for COVID at least twice weekly
- I am happy to take a test at your facility before entering if requested
- I participated in the Pfizer Vaccine trial and have received both doses of the vaccine
- Time spent in public spaces is very limited. Masks are always worn and social distancing precautions closely followed.
- Can you order a FEES for a person that is COVID+?
Yes you can! We have the necessary PPE to keep ourselves and the SLP at the facility safe. Dysphagia hasn’t stopped because of COVID and we have never stopped providing FEES to these patients.
- Can we enter a building with an active outbreak?
Yes we can! Again, we have the proper PPE needed to stay safe.
- Do I need to wait until a patient is done with the two week quarantine before ordering a FEES (COVID+ or not)?
Nope. Let’s get them the care they need as soon as possible.
- Are you willing to take a test at the facility before entering?
Of course! I am always happy to follow any and all precautions specific to your facility.
- I don’t know the precautions for scoping a patient who might have COVID-19. Can you help?
Of course! I am happy to review the procedure before I come to make sure you feel completely comfortable.
- My administrator/DON/DOR/etc is not completely comfortable letting someone in the facility. What can I do?
Let me know! I can speak with them and review all of the precautions in place and answer all of their questions.
As always, please reach out with questions or concerns. And of course, #ScopeOn